The official website of the
Eight Point Lake
Property Owners’ Corporation
Browse around, bookmark this site, and check back often for updates. We hope you will find this site useful and fun!
Direct questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a photo of lake activities to share, submit it in jpg format (less than 5MB). See the Photo Gallery page for details.
July 21 is the date we will do herbicide treatment of portions of the lake for Eurasian milfoil.
July 22 and 23 will serve as back up dates, in case of bad weather.
General treatment notifications were mailed on July 7th. As usual the entire lake will be posted the morning of the treatment. There is only one area on the treatment map that is close to shore (near the South end of East beach) so very few riparians will be impacted by the treatment. It will make the process much more efficient, however, if boating activity is limited the day of treatment. Thank you.
A Note from the Chair
Happy summertime, everyone! So far, we’re off to a slow and rainy start to our summer. I have some important information and updates to share with you.
· The golf cart rules and ORV regulations have been updated and approved for accuracy by the CCSD (Sheriff Dept.) Find them on the Forms & Documents page. Click here for the rules pertaining specifically to golf carts.There is increased sheriff presence in the Township this summer so be sure you know the law.
· We have a great T-shirt design for the 5K Walk-Run on July 5th (click here). If you didn't pre-register, you’ll need to register at 7 AM on the race day. Last minute registrations cause delays in the start time of the race. Also, the Kid’s Fun Run entry form now allows registering up to 4 children on the same form. See the Forms page for entry forms.
· Last year’s Bake Sale was a big hit in conjunction with the Garage Sale and will be repeated this year. Your baked goods will be a welcome donation if you don’t have things to contribute for the garage sale. This is a great opportunity to de-clutter your cottage and contribute to the sale. The Garage Sale/Bake Sale will be held at the Clubhouse on July 18 – 19th from 9 – 3 PM. Contact Sandy Hines at 989.339-1737 if you have questions.
• Don't forget about the Photo Contest, too! You can enter up to 5 photos. Click here for the details or go to the Forms page.
• Also, be sure to like us on Facebook. Click on the blue icon to jump over to our FB page!
· A reminder about the Fourth of July events, held on July 5th:
o 8:00 AM 5K Walk-Run
o 9:00 AM Flag Raising
o 9:45 AM Kid’s Fun Run
o 5:00 PM Road Parade
o 10:00 PM Lighting of Flares (In stock and available at Bev’s Store)
• Last, but not least, remember our 3d Annual Venetian Night - Lighted Boat Parade on July 26. Click here for the flyer from the Forms page, and click here for information on methods for lighting your boat.
Whew, what a busy summer!
Sandi Jeffery, Chair
June 27, 2014